Considerations about modelling huge and micro objects both present in a scene at same time.

7920.3 In reply to 7920.2 
Hi Michael,

I can't express how much i appreciated the way you explained the concepts about which I asked you.
Thank you very much!

More or less now all is clear in my mind, regarding the way Moi deals with the tolerance, and also, as a result, the way Rhino does it.

So, given everything that you told me, i want to ask you the these questions :

Now, let's say that i have to do a science fiction movie, and i want to model all the involved "actors" in Moi and Rhino,
and as final stage, animate all in a dedicated animation software, like Modo or Lightwave, or also Rhino with Bongo for very simple animation.

Given that, let's say again, the actors are a spaceship fleet, varying in size in the range of 10-100 meters, and a planet sized like the Earth.
What's a real good modelling workflow ?

Model the spaceship fleet and the planet in two separated stages, that is, two distinct .3dm files ?
But, in this case, how can i place all the objects together in any scene ?

Or did you mean that not with Moi nor in Rhino, is possible to do that ?

So, what i have to do in this situation ?
Maybe export all the objects in .obj format and only then i'll be able to assemble all the actors, in order to do the movie ?

If so, that means that the objects in .obj format can get rid of the tolerance, while until i'm working with nurb objects i always have to think about the tolerance ?

I'sorry if i ask you so many things, but if i don't gain in these concepts, it's as i'm swimming in the mud :)

Thank you very much again for you patience and good job!

Marco.

EDITED: 14 Apr 2016 by MKDM