Looking for a compromise for a good workflow involving both Moi V3 and Rhino V5

7909.5 In reply to 7909.4 
Hi Michael,

re:
> Yup, you're right - sorry I got confused about this, I was looking at my most current 3DM code which behaves
> like I was describing but that's something I had changed just after the MoI 3.0 release.
> So the next version of MoI is set to behave like I was describing (MoI v4 will write a Rhino v5 3DM if it opened a v5 3DM)
> but MoI v3 does only write out Rhino v4 3DM files.
> ...
> ...
> Well, this is something that you can control - if you need to edit the style/layer list and need to preserve layer material transfer to and from Rhino,
> do not edit the styles in MoI, edit in Rhino and then you should be ok.
> ...
> ...
> Another way that could work for you would be to set up materials for rendering more at the end of your process
> after you've completed the models rather than doing it early on.
> ...
> ...
> Also another thing you can try is in Rhino delete objects (so you have no objects but maintain the layers, unlike File > New)
> and use File > Import or Copy/Paste to bring in any objects you edited in MoI rather than using File > Open in Rhino.

Thank's a lot for your technical and detailed help.
Much Appreciated.

Not a big problem, i hope, regarding the actual lack of MoiV3 to manage the .3dm V5 format.

It happens to me too, to get confused about the different versions of my source codes, when a customer ask me something....
And i guess that the core source code of Moi is a little bit huge....:)

I will follow all your suggestions and i'll make some tests as soon as possible.

Thanks again and nice day!

Marco.