Strange behavior for a UI displayed by CommandMenuButton or moi.ui.showMenu

7904.4 In reply to 7904.3 
Hi Marco, thanks for your order! I also got started on 3D graphics using Amiga computers, they were a lot of fun!

> I first made a little test to see if the materials stored in a .3dm Rhino file,
> are maintained and saved back from Moi, but unfortunately this test not gave
> me the desired results....
> The material assigned to objects where lost after the save made in Moi.

Can you please send me the 3DM model file you used for your test? I will take a look at it and see what I can do to improve this in the future.

MoI does make an effort to preserve Rhino data for objects that you do not modify but there may be some areas where that is not being handled correctly, or maybe doesn't work properly with particular Rhino SR versions.

If you can give me the file you tested with so I can repeat your test over here, I could then give you some more information on it.

> Second point....i saw that Moi's .3dm file is the V4 format and when i save it back
> from Rhino in the V5 format, any subsequent save from Moi doesn't work. The file
> is not saved anymore.

I'm sorry I'm not understanding this part - you mean you have a model in MoI that won't save out at all after it has been loaded into MoI? Can you please send me the 3DM file that you are seeing this with so I can try to repeat the problem over here?

> 1) I have a dialog opened via moi.ui.createDialog(...) containing a standard html input box,
> and a standard html table. The user writes something into the input box and the table is filled
> up with all the commands and scripts whose names matches the search criteria.
> I used the standard "onkeyup" input box event (for some reason with the "onkeydown", doesen't work).

Instead of using the plain HTML <input> element try using the MoI-specific <moi:TextInput> element, the MoI-specific one should probably behave better for you since it is registered with MoI's keyboard input system while the standard one will not be.

If that doesn't help, please send me the code that you're trying to use so I can repeat your problem over here and try some things to solve it.

It may be possible that there isn't a solution because you'd be fighting against the built in focus handling which is not based around a dialog workflow, I vaguely remember there may be something in place that specifically ignores dialogs (unless they're marked as a "command dialog" as mentioned in a previous message) since the MoI UI is designed to try and use the dedicated command options area in the side pane to put in most controls rather than popping up dialogs.

Anyway I could most likely give you better information if I could repeat what you are describing over here.

> 2) If i show the same plugin via the moi.ui.showMenu(...), what happens is that
> when i start to write something inside the inputbox, after every key press, the
> inputbox loses the focus and i must click again in it to continue to write.

This would probably behave better using the <moi:TextInput> control rather than plain <input>.

Hope that helps some - if you can give me repeatable examples instead of just descriptions that would probably help a lot, like when you say "I tested with a 3DM" file, send the actual file, and when you say "I used moi.ui.createDialog()", send the actual code for triggering the dialog and the HTML code for the dialog too.

- Michael