Strange behavior for a UI displayed by CommandMenuButton or moi.ui.showMenu

7904.3 In reply to 7904.2 
Hi Michael,

Good day and thank you for your quick reply, as usual.

First of all i'm glad to tell you that, after many months spent to test and try this software,
this morning i finally purchased a commercial version of Moi v3!

From a medium skilled software developer to a bigger software developer, hats off to you !!

I sense that the source code you wrote is very elegant and massive object oriented,
with a big focus on the user experience.
I'm an old Amiga user's and i must say that from the golden Amiga's age, i did not see a piece of software
funny and smart like Moi.

Anyway...
My intention is to use it in bundle with my commercial version of Rhino V5.
I'd like to know better how Moi and Rhino can share the files saved in the .3dm format.
I first made a little test to see if the materials stored in a .3dm Rhino file,
are maintained and saved back from Moi, but unfortunately this test not gave me the desired results....
The material assigned to objects where lost after the save made in Moi.
I'm doing something wrong ?
Second point....i saw that Moi's .3dm file is the V4 format and when i save it back from Rhino in the V5 format,
any subsequent save from Moi doesn't work. The file is not saved anymore.

But....returning to my previous post....

I'm trying to write two plugins that will works together : a command search plugin and a global history command list.
At the moment i'm not able to post a simplified version of these files, 'cause i'm a little busy at work.
As soon as i can i will do it.

Anyway, just to better clarify what i asked, i'm getting this two main problems :

1) I have a dialog opened via moi.ui.createDialog(...) containing a standard html input box,
and a standard html table.
The user writes something into the input box and the table is filled up with all the commands and scripts whose names matches the search criteria.
I used the standard "onkeyup" input box event (for some reason with the "onkeydown", doesen't work).

The problems is that once the dialog is opened, the focus is not acquired by the input box, and the user is forced to manually click inside it to
start to write something.
And this slow down the streamline of the process.
Finally when user presses "enter" or click on the desired command in the table, i exec the command and close the dialog,
so the focus return to the Moi's main window.

2) If i show the same plugin via the moi.ui.showMenu(...), what happens is that when i start to write something inside the inputbox,
after every key press, the inputbox loses the focus and i must click again in it to continue to write.

I hope you can help me with this behaviors, 'cause i read many times the Moi's API unofficial documentation (http://moi.maxsm.net/api/)
but i was not able to find what i was looking for.

Thank you for all and have a nice day!

Marco.