Spiral script 2D for setting out Corinthian capital scrolls

7903.8 In reply to 7903.6 
Hi Brian

Thank you for your help with this

The Ionic / Corinthian element is not critical, I used the image as an example of the sort of spiral I am trying to achieve.

I am making a set of sculptural forms that I call 'pure forms', and these spiral forms are the key building start point, I am after spirals that increase at a constant % or increasing %

Attached some spirals I have built via Rhino by making say a honeycomb revolved shape and then using line on surface command that makes a line of best fit on the surface between a start and end point, its rough and ready but works after a fashion

Attachment comments-
T cog spiral - is fine and usable, made via Rhino
line for sweep - using log spiral script in MOI to generate the base form and rather than sweeping a circle I used a line, results shown here in purple - convert edge to a line quicker to do. Spirals formed are very similar to the original, I have tried rotating about 0,0. to compare but as the spiral does not go to the origin its does not revolve well
Aqua- A very open spiral form, but gives an idea of the range I am looking for the spirals, the central circular start was added on by me so is not clean / mathematically pure hence my trying to find a cleaner rote

I have hunted on the MOI forum for the IonicVolute script by Brian McMillin March 30, 2016 you mention but cannot find

Best wishes

Andy
Image Attachments:
Size: 65.3 KB, Downloaded: 18 times, Dimensions: 567x297px
Size: 137.9 KB, Downloaded: 25 times, Dimensions: 567x427px
Size: 175.4 KB, Downloaded: 21 times, Dimensions: 567x501px