Spiral script 2D for setting out Corinthian capital scrolls

7903.34 In reply to 7903.21 
Hi Brian

Regarding your spiral script, is there any way to have a non linear control over the parameteres like growth and ofset - see attached image for an idea of what I am trying to achieve - the yellow line is a standard spiral using your script and the red line is one where I have manually adjusted the spiral outer arm. I am wondering if its possible to use your script slightly adjusted to get closer to a mathematical pure solution for this, giving a slower start and increasing openness

When you push the standard spiral growth and ofset the outer arm becomes very flat

Not being a maths expert, but I am wondering if it is possible to have a non linear growth from one spiral 360 degree revolve to the next ? where the growth starts small but increases in a non linear way ? This growth could perhaps be controlled by a curved line giving very subtle growth control (maybe elliptical 1/4 section) or a %

This could also be applied to the Z direction depth growth, to give a non linear and more natural feel. I have achieved this by projecting from a 2D spiral line down onto a domed revolved surface

Best wishes

Andy
Image Attachments:
Size: 348 KB, Downloaded: 26 times, Dimensions: 983x484px