CAM module for MoI3D?

7871.5 In reply to 7871.1 
Hi artisanicview,

re:
> I need to ask if is possible to develop a CAM module for MoI3D, so no need to save
> the files in MoI and import afterwards into another CAM program to generate the
> gcode for CNC machines.

Sorry but probably not possible for quite some time to come yet.

It's not really feasible for me to develop it myself because for one thing I don't have a lot of experience in CAM and the other thing is that there is still a lot of work that I'd like to do in the modeling area where MoI is focused on.

In the future it could be possible for some other party to develop a third party plug-in for that, but that's also not really feasible currently because I do not yet have an extensive system for doing very detailed and elaborate plugins, it takes a lot of time and effort to document and also support that kind of thing and that's also not an area that I'm focused on doing with MoI yet either. In the future I would like to work on this area more though.

But MoI is designed to be a focused modeling program and part of that means working together with other programs to do different tasks that are outside of modeling.

- Michael