snapping precision

7854.10 In reply to 7854.9 
Hi propmaster,

> I wondered about this. Is there a way to lock (like with SHIFT key or something)
> the tangent, perp., etc. before I click?

Sorry no there isn't anything like that - if you're getting unwanted snap points that are very close to the actual one you want the main ways to avoid that is to either turn off the types of snaps that are getting in the way, or hiding some of the objects that are not involved with what you're currently doing, or also just zooming in a ways which will then give more space between the different available snaps and decrease the chance that you accidentally target the wrong one. And also like I mentioned before paying attention to what the snap label is saying is pretty important too - if you want to target an end for example but you're seeing the tag say "perp", that's when you would want to zoom in a ways so you could get more space between those 2 snap points.

Thanks for posting the overview of what you did - I'll try to follow that but I'm not sure if it's quite specific enough for me to reproduce what happened, it would be easier for me to understand what's going on if I had just 2 curves and a specific snap to do.

- Michael