decreasing Network controlpoints?

7846.5 In reply to 7846.4 
Hi Lordfox,

re:
> Rebuild the curve is good too, but I did get the same value of surface
> points (means also it slows down my pc a bit)

The Network command does not directly use the control points of the curves (unless it's only a 4 sided network), it does a type of automatic fitting/rebuilding process on the curves and the number of control points in the generated surface is more dependent on the shapes of the curves (wiggly ones will get more points generated to fit them), and also the options used in the Network command. So rebuilding the curves will not directly control the control point structure of the network surface.

When you run the Network command, the options for it will appear in the upper-right area of the main window, here:

The default Mode = Normal option is more focused on accuracy and uses a tight tolerance so the surface will pass very closely through the input curves, this is good if you are going to be joining the generated surface to other nearby surfaces built from the same edge curves, but it will tend to make for a fairly dense number of control points.

You can try changing that option to "Mode = Lighter" and see if that works better for your case, or also set "Mode = Uniform" and then set something like 1, 2, or 3 for the "Point count" option that shows up below it - that will make a much lighter surface that only samples just 1, 2, or 3 points between each of the input curve intersections. The surface generated from that will not follow the curves too closely except at those sample points but it will be a lot lighter.

If you want more tips, it would probably help if you could post a 3DM file with the curves in it which you are constructing the Network from - that might give me some other ideas on what you could do, for example if you're using a large number of curves it would probably help if you would not do that and use a smaller number.

Hope this helps!

- Michael
Attachments: