Vector into 3D - fillet/chamfer problems

7781.3 In reply to 7781.1 
Hi Lewis,
Here is a short video to describe what to fix up in your vector geometry import:

So in the first example object, you see that the geometry is really a bunch of broken, jagged, malformed line segments... I run rebuild using "by points" option. (I used 50 points, which makes for a heavy, small curve. Maybe see how few you need to have your shape. Or the best option, is just redraw these shapes.....)

Then it points out using the readout in the upper right corner that they are "open curves" and not "closed curves"... I use the plugin "MarkOpenCurveStart" from here to locate the opening and close it.

http://moi3d.com/forum/display.php?webtag=MOI&msg=2888.11

Then on the bottom little object, I close its curve, then show that for filleting the end solid, I helped it along by filleting the curve "First", before extrusion... When your object has many very sharp corners, changing in direction, this will help to be able to fillet the solids edge down the road.

I've included the ai file of the svg, so it can be imported straight to MoI for cleanup. I did NOT, clean up the file. You must go through all objects and check for open curves and fix them and also clean up the stuff that was vectorized badly from a bitmap.

EDITED: 27 Feb 2020 by BURRMAN