Aligning Images

7725.9 In reply to 7725.8 
Dear Frenchy, or should I call you Pilou?

First and fore most I want to thank you for your patience. This must be trivial to experts like you and Michael.

The reason that I am taking so much time and care with this, is that aligning these figures is extremely important for me to get an accurate representation of the configuration. Once I have a Moi description for the configuration an iges file is exported to a grid generation program to produce a computational fluid dynamics simulation of the configuration.

I am attaching a moi file with the three images inserted into rectangles as you suggested. The images have been clipped as close as possible and I am attaching them also. The rectangles measure 96'5" (96.41667') long by 93'6" (93.5') wide, by 25'10" (25.83333') high. I am attaching a file called g5503_view which shows the original dimensions of the 3 views.

The problem that I have is that if you draw a line from the leading edge of the engine inlet in the top view, it does not line up with the engine in the side view. This misalignment would be critical.

Is there something that I am doing wrong or is this something that you see in your own work? Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
Bill
Attachments:

Image Attachments:
Size: 37.5 KB, Downloaded: 23 times, Dimensions: 951x261px
Size: 49.5 KB, Downloaded: 17 times, Dimensions: 993x260px
Size: 126.2 KB, Downloaded: 22 times, Dimensions: 977x948px
Size: 365.9 KB, Downloaded: 27 times, Dimensions: 2550x3300px