Parametric design in MoI?

Hi Max,

I have another small suggestion that would be a big improvement for NE.
At the moment all selected geometry, whether byName, byStyle or manually selected, ceases to be responsive to change, which generally is fine.

However there are cases where it would be beneficial if changes to selected geometry was reflected in NE in real time. One example is the use of attractor points: in this way interactivity could be achieved through direct manipulation of point on ground plane rather than abstracting the attractor as x & y slider inputs or to the dot on the Slider2d widget.

I'm proposing that the selection nodes are manually updated as the default setting but have the option of automatic updating at a given frequency (n times per sec) or alternatively if you prefer, at a given interval (in milliseconds).

I recognise that this will greatly increase the computational load, when set to Automatic; but it could be reduced by halting the data stream when there is no change (above a certain threshold), so that when there is no alteration to base geometry the computation load is similar to Manual setting.

Please let me know what you think
James

Image shows selected curve with control points on in red, & post-adjusted cPts & curve in Black. Ideally the 2 would be in accordance: which is to say, that adjustments to original cPts would be reflected in NE and hence the generated curve would correspond to the manually manipulated curve.

UPDATED:
PS Rather than have 2 options (manual & Automatic) it could simply be that the is just a "Freq/sec" field with 0 as the default setting, which would in essence, amount to the same thing.

EDITED: 11 Oct 2018 by JFH

Attachments: