Parametric design in MoI?

7713.834 In reply to 7713.833 
Hi Max,

>> I'll try to write this node today evening.

Wow, this is exciting, Thank you so much...I can't wait.

>> Some...[MORE]...thoughts on Remapper widget

Grasshopper's Graph mapper has 10+ curve types, however several would have limited application.
Instead of emulating their approach, it would IMHO be better to have an anchor point at each end
and a pulldown menu in info panel for the number of control points (0,1,2,3 or 4). In that way, 0 control
points would give a linear remapping of numArray to new range and 1 or 2 control points provide easing.
3 or 4 control points could be used for defining geometry: say you have a linear progression (0,1,2,3,4,5)
wired into z input of Point node (x=0, y=0), as well as into Remapper node with curve as shown below.
The new series output is wired into radius input of Circle node & the Point node is wired into the Center input.
Loft the circles and you have a parametrically defined lathed form. This is a very simple example, but
imagine if multiple Remapper nodes were used together, say affecting rails and profiles of sweeps & rail-revolves,
or multiple curves Lofted or Networked to surfaces.

I imagine you are too far down the track for taking on suggestions, and if the new node allows num array
remapping by S-curve only, it will still be a huge advance for NE

I look forward to seeing what you have done
James

P.S.
>> In my opinion it looks better with both "io_text_highlight" and "io_highlight" switched off :)

For future releases, then, have them both set to false and I will reset "io_highlight" to true myself.

EDITED: 1 Aug 2018 by JFH

Attachments: