Parametric design in MoI?

7713.482 In reply to 7713.479 
Hello Max!

I was very pleased to read your reply!

1) My request : "It is necessary that you provide us with an updated and complete technical documentation of all the nodes, or at least of all the inner changes that this new "Project Elephant" has.

Your reply : "Sometime ago a asked community to help me with documentation. I haven't enough time even for coding :) Could someone help me with that? Of course I can provide all information about this project."

Max, in this period I'm very busy at work with some developing (android apps) and honestly I couldn't concretely help you,
but I would suggest one thing...
It could be very convenient for you, and for us, if you move all the source code of "Project Elephant" to an online structured repository,
like "SVN assembla" (I use it almost every day in my dev job and it's very easy to maintain).
Or at least you could use also an online drive like Google Drive or others.
Such a system would make things significantly easier from an administrative point of view, regarding the versioning ad also for the documentation.

What do you think about it ?

2) My request : "Instead of shortcuts, it would be possible when you have time, to have a control panel with simple buttons in order to have a fast access to all nodes
with one single click ?"

Your reply : "I'll think how to implement it, but not instead of shortcuts :) I definitely need shortcuts. Copy-paste.. run-stop.. load-save etc.."

It would be very handy to have both UI control panel and shorcuts!
Some times ago, while I was writing my "Commands Finder" I needed a way to handle some key events (keypress/keyup/keydown) outside
the standard textboxes or inputboxes, but I couldn't.
Michael wrote me that the inner event capture mechanism handled by Moi doesn't permit that type of freedom.
I hope you have better luck.

3) My request : "Considering that "Project Elephant" has become increasingly hefty, I think that now it would be desirable, in order to leverage this wonderful tool, that you create a specific topic for "Project Elephant tech-docs and user guide"

Your reply : "I'll make it right after v.1.0 release"

Wow! That's a really great news!!! Thanks a lot.

4) My request : "I hope that Max will include your nodes improvements into the next versions of Elephant!"

Your reply : "I'll make a separate directory for custom script and extensions. Elephant will load them automatically.
Of course I'll add good stable nodes in the main node set."

A big thank you in advance for this feature!
It will enable Project Elephant to grow with its community!! Like the big brother Grasshopper.

Best,

- Marco (mkdm)

EDITED: 6 Oct 2016 by MKDM