Problems with sketching and extruding.

Hi,

I'm having a problem with a model All of a sudden, I can't sketch on a surface. I can highlight and activate it, but all sketches and solids now emanate from inside the part. No sketching or extruding can occur on the exterior of the part. Quite frankly, this just suddenly happened out of the blue two days ago and nothing I do seems to be able to fix it - going through the various options, snaps, etc. Oddly enough, this doesn't affect any other model in MOI, just this one.

Let's say I want to extrude a box or solid, like an electrical box from the outside of the part, which is a gun tub for a destroyer model. I cannot do so from the exterior surface, even after activating or selecting said surface. However, it apparently can be done from the interior of the part. Naturally, this is sort of annoying as I need to visualize and measure the parts from the outside to replicate the part from the blueprints and photos.

Any ideas on what could be causing this? I'd attach the file but everytime I try, the following error message occurs:

"Server Error
404 - File or directory not found.
The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable."

I've edited the model to get it under the 23.2 MB limit the upload page mentions, but so far no go, so I don't think its a file size issue.

Many thanks for any pointers or ideas.

Bob