MoI problems with one specific user (Mac)

7664.3 In reply to 7664.2 
dear Michael,

thanks for your response and your advised. but please don't worry; i don't think it is a problem of your software, but simply of my computer (user)...

to answer your questions:
- in ~/Library/Saved Application State i didn't find any wineskin data. that is no surprise, since i don't like this resume function and switched it off.
- for fixing file permissions i tried out something new, according to this description: http://www.macobserver.com/tmo/article/os-x-repair-home-folder-permissions it lead to some small temporary improvement, but did't solve the problem.
- it's quite surely not a problem of the disc. because usally i save the data on the NAS, but also copied it to the internal hard-drive to make sure that the whole issue is not related to an unstable connection to the NAS.

last but not least a further description of the problem:
- usually i don't have problems with small items. maybe up to 10 MB. no matter if i open a STP file or native 3dm data.
- STP files around 100 MB (when saved as 3dm they are around 300 MB) cause a lot of problems. often they don't open at all, or just partly
- when the files open just partly, i only see those objects, which are listed in the browser in the section objects (it can be 10% or 30% or 70% of the original objects in a file)
- when showing/hiding objects, it happens that not the hole object is shown, but only some lines of the object
- none of the above problems happen, when i open the files with another (new created) user

today i tried to fix the permissions and then i was surprised that i could open a 300 MB file. first it worked fine. then MoI started to get slow. then i had the showing/hiding issue, and in the end the program crashed.
i reopened then with the other user, and everything worked fine.