Flow help needed

7631.2 In reply to 7631.1 
Hi Stefan, I'm not exactly sure what you're doing wrong because I don't know what you mean by "weird results", if you could show one of those results it would probably help to figure out what you need to do differently.

But my guess would be that you need to control the places you click on each surface more carefully - you need to click on each surface in a specific area to control how the surfaces will map to each other. If you map a horizontal edge of your base surface onto a vertical edge of the target it will give one kind of weird rotated result.

There is detailed description on where to click on the help topic for Flow here:
http://moi3d.com/3.0/docs/moi_command_reference8.htm#flow

Look for the spot where it shows mapping from a plane onto a cylinder, with red dots showing the different pick zones.

For your case here you probably would want to widen your base plane since it looks like you want the text to go onto just the center portion of the round surface, not stretched around the whole thing - so therefore you want to place it in the center region of the base plane with some empty space around the plane to match the empty space around the cylinder.

Once you have done that, then it's a matter of carefully clicking on corresponding spots on the base plane and target surface - here's a video and note that I click towards one side of the vertical edge on the base plane and then on the target surface I carefully click near the vertical edge there as well:

Hope this helps!

- Michael