Some probably dumb questions...

7618.2 In reply to 7618.1 
Hi D,

re:
> *1 I have installed MOI on a mac osx 10.8 and program works fine but I do not see where it is actually
> installed, I just have an icon on the desktop?

On mac it will be installed just wherever you have placed the .app - if you placed it on your desktop after you downloaded it
then it is installed on your desktop, which is fine. You can move it anywhere else if you want, just drag/drop it to
wherever you want to put it. The standard place to put them is into /Applications so you can move it there if you
want but you don't have to.

> *2 I would really like to use sub divi in MOI I saw a bunch of things about it on the forum and even DL a script
> of some kind but I have no idea what to do with it?

MoI does not have any built in sub-div functionality but yes there is a plug-in written by Max Smirnov which you
can download and install to get it.

To install a plug-in for MoI you need to download the plug-in, unzip it and copy the plug-in files into MoI's commands
folder. On OSX you can find the plug-ins folder by right-clicking on the .app icon and choose "Show package contents"
then inside of there go to drive_c/moi/commands - that's where the plugin files should be copied to.

Once a plug-in has its files copied into the commands folder it will make a new command that matches those names
available and you can create a keyboard shortcut under Options > Shortcut keys with that command name
to trigger it. So if for instance you downloaded a plugin that has files named NewCommand.js and NewCommand.htm
that will make a command named NewCommand available, so to trigger it you would make a keyboard shortcut
and put in NewCommand as the command name.

Hope this helps! You can find some information on how to use the sub-d plug-in with Ed's car modeling tutorial here:
http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=7389.1

- Michael