Vojtisek's work

7602.29 In reply to 7602.28 
Hi PaQ,

> but I'm affraid it's probably 'too specialized' to fit in MoI toolset.

Yes, kind of... But it also fits in well with the overall strategy of "make things happen using 2D curves" which does give a lot of weight on the positive side of working on it.

That existing one in Rhino does indeed work just on the mesh output and not directly on the real NURBS model, and it can tend to get confused if there's any kind of irregularity or mixture of large and small polygons right in that particular area.

If I were to try it in MoI I guess I'd probably be more likely to try making real NURBS geometry with it rather than only trying to modify things at meshing time... That would generate heavy real geometry but also would be likely to be more robust and not generate glitchy results as much either though. Maybe at some point with a deeper history mechanism you could temporarily turn off that step in the history and let the model recalculate without those in it and avoid the heavy geometry problem that way.

There are still other areas for 2D curves interaction with solids that will likely take priority over this though, like "depth limited" booleans with 2D curves.

- Michael