MoI Parametric.

7552.7 In reply to 7552.5 
Hi Danny, re: History tree in MoI - it is something that I want to add in since it can be a very useful editing tool in many situations, but I want it to be an optional thing, not something like the only focus for how things work.

The general workflow and structure of MoI would not change, there would just be a recording of your actions possibly in a separate companion file to the 3DM file (since it may grow large), and some optional history pane in MoI that you could open to view previous actions and change parameters for them and replay the action sequence.

So don't worry - when I am able to implement it, I'll be shooting for something that is built around how MoI currently works, it would not be a major change to the existing workflow and feel.

Actually the first thing that I will be shooting for when I start to work on it will be to use the sequence list to have a persistent undo so you would keep the ability to undo beyond just the current active session. That will be the first target for the sequence storage and then editing coming sometime afterwards.

There will be a lot of work involved in planning the UI for the editing part, so I'm not sure exactly when it will happen but it is something that I would like to add in to MoI.

Hope that helps alleviate any worries! :) I definitely intend for MoI to keep the quick and light concept modeling feel, that will likely always be the main focus and something that I am intent on not ruining.

- Michael