MoI Parametric.

7552.19 In reply to 7552.18 
I tried Fusion 360, and for simple things, it makes my head hurt how complicated it is. The most frustrating thing for me is invisible constraints, and woeful documentation.

There are several actions that can only be assessed via contextual right-click.

Here's a nice bug, if you create curves (called sketches in Fusion) at world origin you cant move them (simple bug, but there's nothing in the GUI telling you why you cant move the curve). Since there is no snapping turned on by default, the natural response is to begin your curve off of the only reference object on the screen, the world origin dot.

For more intricate, pattern based stuff, like buildings or things with some symmetry, then Fusion is great, simply because its Parametric with Command History....want more windows in your building?...just increase a parameter and its booleaned and positioned for you.

I d/l Inventor last night, and its much better, but there's still alot of confirmation clicking (activate tool, use the tool, then right-click and select OK to complete the tool action).

It was such a pleasure to work back in Moi after that "alternative" CAD road trip.

Having said all that, Parametric/Command History are really, really nice CAD tools. I'd be interested to see how Michael would expose that in a "Moi" way.