getting ready for export

Hi Michael,
I had a couple questions I’ll ask in the forum.. (I had a couple models I've sent you in email, but the answers may be relevant to the forum)…..

Could I get some brief info regarding this?

So in the model *******_draftB77 3dm file, I’m getting ready to look at how I will provide it without errors…. (I started with simply opening the model in rhino, which is what my questions are related to)

I get different results with different formats and would appreciate if you can speak to some of the questions to help me.

1. opening the 3dm directly into rhino and using “select bad objects”, highlights invalid areas….
(a. can this be a particular setting/setup issue with my rhino to make it match what MoI has written?
(b. Could just be rhinos system has an issue with how I have defined and created these surfaces?

IGES is worse….

A STEP export (model_test_2.stp) yields much better results and rhino appears to be reading and stitching entities on import. Importing this stp (into rhino) file yields only 3 things that need addressed. 2 objects which are selected with “select bad objects” can just be deleted and re-mirrored from their counterparts (a plank on the right side and a purchase block at the back)

At the front, the “net” has some bad surface in the import and I can just delete it, export that solid from MoI as a 3dm and replace it (front_rope_fixer.3dm)

This has rhino have a file with “no bad objects”….

2. Is this just a function of data exchange? Maybe you could speak just a little as to “why those particular objects are “bad” in rhino, though just a mirrored part from the MoI file?
3. would trying to export more “single items” help, as opposed to a “319 solid” file export….

Any info regarding this "main" 3dm file and having it be at it's best (with regard to translations/other apps) is greatly appreciated..

Thanks.

[EDIT] There is no "model fixing" needed or being requested here... It is more looking for observations on the model and process described...