Heightmap [script]

Hi Michael,
step files are a lot smaller and easier to manipulate as the polygons. Another advantage is the editor sppeed. I'm using Cinema 4d for my workflow: Plane 1000x1000 subdivisions, convert to polys,
load the image in the displacement-deformer and divide the plane one more time. So I have a nice base to create the mountains.
I need to bool wholes in the surface to place parts of energy like wind, water and so on in to the surface. the bool-operations are strange to create in cinema, and it needs a lot of time.

So I thought the workflow with Moi and step-files are a lot easier and faster. I have learned the Software of the milling machine can't read the step-files.

I will send you the file via Dropbox in the next 2 days.
Thank you for your assessment, Michael!

Hi Chris,
I've learned a lot about milling machines in the last 2 days. The optical impression (hope thats correct) in Moi of my landscape was great, and I thought wow, thats it! Its a perfect way to generate the models we need.
For more detail I use world machine to add details like small stones and errosions and make an B and W image output for cinema 4d.
I go forward to optimize my polygon workflow with many different tools to create the best result for our clients. I've tested a part of the mountains (100x100x100 mm) out to the milling machine and the client are satisfied with the result.

Thanks for your help!
Hope my english is understandable :)

Kind regards
Jörg