Array details

7521.5 In reply to 7521.1 
Another way that might be interesting to you is to do a circular array of some graduated sizes, then rotate every other radial set by a half step. After you figure out how many copies you want to make, undo the array and then select every other circle, run Transform > Rotate, click the array center point and then type in 360/numcopies/2 to get those ones rotate a half step and then repeat the array.

So for instance here I arranged a graduated set of circles each 80% shrunk in size from the next (click the Size entry in the properties panel and then type *0.8 to scale the existing radius by 80%), then arrange them a constant distance away from each other by putting in a line and moving the line on to a circle's quad point and drag the next circle by its quad point snapping on to the end of the line, then drag the line over again to repeat.

Then since I decided to make 32 copies, I select every other circle, run Transform > Rotate, click the center point and then for the rotation angle type in 360/32/2, then repeat the circular array (3DM file attached):

Hope this gives you some ideas to play with!

- Michael