aha!!!!

Hello,

MoI itself can be an effective part of icon creation workflow, it is a great way to establish and hold look and feel of assets whether representing 2D or 3D and to iterate designs quickly and consistently.

My following comments are simply my observations about the look and feel about MoI as well as a bit of workflow related stuff, not to be taken as law.

My guess is you have around a dozen icons that you're using from a stock set. If that is the case it may be easier to make those compatible with MoIs look rather than trying to make the balance of your in house icons fit the look and feel of the stock icons. It might be the right time to solidify the MoI "look" by establishing those guidelines now, it saves time and effort down the road and usually results in more consistent messaging.

There are some inconsistencies within MoIs icon groups themselves, e.g. switching between 2D and 3D within the same grouping, but those are little things that can be cleaned up without too much effort.

Workflow wise much of this inconsistency is mitigated by good use of labels, please do not change this as the default load. Some of these concepts are nearly impossible to graphically represent and for the user to find in the toolbar without a label. At any rate there is some strong evidence to suggest that as people use an application they depend less on the icon itself and more on the usual location on screen. There are some potentially confusing items, like the deform button and object snap actually being flyouts, but the overall grouping looks very nice.

I'm curious what sort of assets can be used within MoI? Are the icons RGBA and is there a standard size that is being used? Thanks.