Specific Grouping Use Case

I know that grouping is an oft mentioned feature for a future version. I can imagine that it's no easy task to implement right. I did however want to lay out one specific use case where it would be extremely useful and maybe uncover a better way to do what I'm doing now....

Many of these designs I do have to fit with existing parts so I design with or around them so to speak. Often I'll download a part as a step file from grabcad et al, and then design my mating parts in MoI. These parts import great but are in most cases, not parts that can be joined because of flaws (I presume) in the model. I usually carefully select all the bits of the part and name them so that later I can use its name to select all of it before I move or rotate it.

So in my perfect world, I'd want to have an option on import that says, "keep together" or always work on on as a group, in effect it becomes locked together. In a case I want to modify the part I import, then fine, I'll not choose that option.

NB: I suppose as a small improvement to my process, one could have a script that asks for a name of the object upon import and assigns it in one step?

Thanks