watch body from lofts

746.11 In reply to 746.10 
Glad to hear there will be a PDF for printing!

Okay will do about sending .3DMs - I think however my profile curve may not have been planar - I'll do a quick test again, this time moving a point "out of wack" from the Top view to see if that causes the object not to be generated as happened to me before.

This does bring up one point - when a command fails, MOI doesn't display any kind or warning or error message?

Granted, I'm pretty used to that now (specially with fillet!) knowing that if I don't see a "calculating..." msg, I know the command has failed - the same with other tools, but when I was working with the intersect (as would a newbie), I didn't know at first if the command had failed or if I neglected to do something. (Of course now I know the command failed.)

I know popping up a dialog to say "command failed" would get annoying on the quick fast - perhaps just some text in that status area "Failed..." or simply turning the status area yellow or a light pink if you get an error back from one of your functions.

I guess in short, I'm saying that the silent failures within MOI sometimes leaves you head-scratching not knowing what's wrong.

Deselecting all and selecting the offending object would be a great help at times too but I don't know what kind of error info you may receive back from your functions - so this might not be feasible.

Having MOI deselect your stuff may also be an annoyance, but I can't see that being any worse than running the command 2 - 3 times wondering why it's not working (which I end up doing most of the time anyway...)

-Will