Rendering Software

Hi All;

Thank you all for responding. I am a solo practicing architect. I already have The Autodesk Building Premium Suite on subscription which includes 3DS Max, Autocad, Showcase and Revit with its own rendering. Autodesk rendering programs are very complex and takes long time to learn. So I never use them.

For high quality rendering for projects usually I outsource it to outside rendering consultant. The new rendering that I am looking was for getting a quick and decent rendering both for architectural and product design. What I like about Simlab Composer and TheaRender that both can use CPU. Both program works well with MOI via .OBJ file format import. Simlab Composer has great integration with Rhino and Revit. I can link or import Rhino or Revit file into Simlab. After some test that I have done, I think I am leaning towards Simlab. The quality of rendering it might not be as good as others, but it is OK for my purpose. It is a great program with lots of features, easy to use and reasonably priced ($299).

Thanks again
-sharif