split lines in sweep

744.7 In reply to 744.6 
Sometimes I do have to chuckle because it feels to me like you're "artificially" limiting yourself over the UI - people are so used to modelers now with all kinds of keyboard shortcuts, sticky keys, pie menus etc.

ZBrush has the whole world turned upside down as far as UI is concerned; people complained and complained about it - some ran to MudBox like it was a UI savior when it came to displacement / sculpting but when ZBrush 3 came out, people ran back to it, HAPPY that there was a new version with even more creative power irregardless of the user interface! (I've seen people say they were going to force themselves to use ZB3 just because of its power.)

So I don't know if MOI users need so much "hand holding" when it comes to the UI used to drive it.

Obviously I can appreciate your goal for a clean UI and the way it supports a pen as a standard is something you really need to be commended for - Silo is similarly lauded for having a clean UI so having that as a main goal is absolutely undstandable.

So these decisions are totally on you unless you ask your user base their opinions - I could see myself right-clicking the Join button for a merge, or left clicking for the normal join - but that's me.

However I'm still mostly using a mouse in MOI and I know right-clicking with a pen is not the most comfortable thing to do repeatedly. So with UI in mind that might not be the best option for getting Join and Merge on the same button.

I do believe however if the community was asked whether they'd like to have Merge now or wait till you determine how you'd like to further MOI's UI (v2.x), I know I'd like to have Merge in there now - even if it's just a keyboard shortcut!

Either way, MOI is a pleasure to use, you have a great program on your hands and as you see here everyday, we all LOVE IT!

-Will

EDITED: 10 Jul 2007 by WILLBELLJR