split lines in sweep

Hi,

I'm really enjoying moi and just have a small query on the whole split/joined lines malarky.
I've got a bit of brain block and can't work out why, for example, if you join two lines (that meet and are tangent at the join) together then use those lines as rails in a sweep, then the resulting surface's lines are split where the original split was before the join (though the surface is one whole one, not split up). That means for some nice blending of these surfaces later on, I find I need to recreate the line for the sweep with one continuous freeform line in order to get clean results, so that surface edges are not split up unexpectedly.

Without taking care of this stuff I find things can get messy quick, where later on these are used in boolean operations etc. For blending you really seem to need unsplit lines, and since you need to select the surface edges in order to perform the blend u cannot use a 'joined' one.

Another case, but slightly different is revolving from a profile made up of joined lines. eg. draw 2 connected freeform lines that are tangent where they meet (or blend two existing lines) and join the lines together, then revolve. The surface is split into several different surfaces even though the original lines were joined beforehand. So this would create unnecessary splits when used later on...

So any light anyone can shed on this stuff would help me a lot!
Thanks