Moi3d V4 beta version approximately when?

7430.33 In reply to 7430.31 
Hi eddi,

> So I see no disadvantage to have this access in Moi3d.

The major disadvantage is that I'm trying to move MoI to have a cross-platform code base, but COM is a Windows only mechanism.

So it just does not work to have MoI be targeted as a cross platform program but also heavily based on COM at the same time - all the stuff for doing COM things only works under Windows and not on Mac.

It is a major focus of all the work I'm doing on the v4 rewrite to avoid platform specific code as much as possible, so more stuff for COM is not likely to happen anytime soon, sorry.

I do want to enhance stuff related to scripting in MoI in the future but that effort will be totally focused just on JavaScript language scripting, I do not expect to support other languages for scripting Moi anytime soon.

Maybe sometime in the future I can reintroduce a COM translation layer back into MoI just for the Windows version but I don't know when or even if that will happen.

Basically JavaScript is the only targeted scripting language for Moi, if you don't want to learn JavaScript then I'm sorry but you won't be able to do Moi scripting at least anytime soon.

- Michael