File conversion/export/upload for printing issue

7426.8 In reply to 7426.7 
Okay, I broke the model into smaller files to make it uploadable. I made the piping and other things rather simplified and they now more or less show up when uploaded to Shapeways. The two problems areas are the forward gussets and the funnel cap grill work.

The after gussets come through fine. However, the forward gussets are all ragged and bunchy. I've tried lofting the curves, extruding and sweeping along curves, etc. Even when the gussets look properly lofted in MOI, they appear ragged and torn on Shapeways.

The funnel grill work is another issue. The innards inside the funnel cap sometimes appear, sometimes disappear. I'll upload the same basic model, changing only small details unrelated to the funnel cap area, and the grill work, or parts of it, will or will nor be there.

So, any ideas on how to correct these issues? The gussets are the real problems. I can deal with the grill work or simplify things to reduce problems, but the gussets are some of the defining points of the Sims-class funnel.

Many thanks for any help.

Bob

Image Attachments:
Size: 3.1 MB, Downloaded: 19 times, Dimensions: 3767x3052px