Rigging on MOI

7404.18 In reply to 7404.16 
Hi krass,

> I would like to understand whether it is possible in principle (hypothetically) in MOI3D through
> plug (as in sketchup, for example), the implementation of this feature.

I guess anything is theoretically possible - maybe with several years of full time work someone could build some enormously complex scripting layer that would do that.

But to be practical a constraint mechanism like that would really need to be more built in to the core of MoI.

It is something that I want to add in the future but there is a lot of work involved and so I don't know when it will happen. MoI is currently much more focused just on trying to make the initial drawing of things to be as fast and fluid as possible and the focus is not on that kind of post processing editing that you are describing.

There are other programs out there that are more focused on doing that kind of editing, so if that's an important function for you using a different program that has prioritized that type of workflow would be a good idea. The tradeoff will be that programs that are heavily focused on parametrics and constraints will require you to do more planning and setup work for your drawing and you won't have the same feeling of free drawing as you do in MoI.

Another program that you might want to check out which is very focused on constraint editing is SolveSpace: http://solvespace.com/index.pl

- Michael