Putting a ruler for realtime measurement and resizing

7401.2 In reply to 7401.1 
Hi harold, I'm sorry I'm not clear on what you mean by "ruler or function" - do you mean on screen dimensions that you can edit to change objects?

That's something called "parametric editing", and there are a variety of mechanical CAD programs that are very focused on that type of thing, like SolidWorks, Solid Edge, Creo, etc... Currently MoI is focused on a pretty different type of workflow than that, the focus in MoI is much more on being free to quickly draw things initially.

Often times the parametric editing focused applications require you to do kind of more planning and forethought about setting things up when you are constructing things. It's a fairly different kind of emphasis than what MoI is more focused on.

In the future I do want to try and incorporate some more kinds of editing tools but it's difficult to know when that will happen because it's important to not sacrifice the "draw freely and fluidly" aspect that MoI currently has which is different than how those parametric programs work.

If parametric editing is very important to your workflow, you may be better off currently using one of those other programs that are heavily focused on that rather than MoI which is focused on other qualities right now.

- Michael