Is it possible to use MOI on a IPad mini?

7400.6 In reply to 7400.5 
Hi Philip,

> Is is it absolutely impossible or how big is the effort to get it running on iPad? Are we
> talking about days, week, years?

It's really hard to make an accurate estimate, but my guess is probably several years. MoI was designed to be used with a pointing device like a mouse or a pen. To be used on the iPad with touch instead would really need a new design in many areas.

In addition to that many of the libraries that MoI uses do not have an iOS version - the iPad uses a totally different kind of CPU than a regular Mac computer.

So it's pretty involved because of such a major switch in the fundamental interaction mechanism and computing platform.

I'm also not that excited about the iPad ecosystem myself, it seems to revolve around things like $5 lightweight apps trying to bring them to a huge number of people - that's just not really what I'm personally focused on doing.

All these things factored together make it very unlikely to happen. It already takes an enormous amount of my time just supporting 2 desktop versions as it is.

> By the way workshop, do you offer some kind of provision for customers who buy the
> software because of my workshop? If it does noch work on iPads, we have to use Laptops...

If you want to put MoI on a bunch of laptop computers for use in some sort of lab type setting, please contact me through e-mail at moi@moi3d.com and let me know what kind of quantity you are talking about and I can set up some kind of bundle discount for you.

Thanks,
- Michael