Extrude Normals

Thanks Michael and Frenchy,

Actually I should have been more clear in what I was trying to decribe but Michael caught it in the end of his response above.

I often select multiple flat faces simultaneously along the exterior of a building model for instance which were created by projecting curves onto the main structure from various angles and then trimming these curves along with the main structure walls to creat faces. I was hoping to be able to simultaneously extrude multiple faces such as these outwardly away from the center of the main structure along the direction of the "normal" of each of these faces. This is not my only "normal-related" usage but it's a very common one of mine.

I do have various workarounds in MOI, of course, only the setup time they take tends to cut into my creativity workflow to a noticable degree and I was just hoping that a "lazyman's approach" with a keystroke or two might exist which I didn't yet know about!

MOI is so intuitive to work with (especially with my Wacom stylus) that I tend to sit down for hours with MOI and with nothing in mind beforehand I still always rapidly produce a large number and variety of models with it. Accordingly though, even slight workflow slowdowns in MOI are much more noticable than they would be within other modeling software. With MOI workflow slowdowns rarely occur for me at all!

Performing "normal-related" actions (sweep/bevel/extrude/inset) upon numerous simultaneously selected surfaces is something I have been doing for many years within Wings3D for the creation of structures intended for eventual realtime multiuser exploration online. I guess I've gotten lazy over the years doing this, because with MOI there is almost always another way (often a much better way) to achieve the same effect as polygon editing tools but still I turn to rapidly producing objects with whatever software I am already accustomed to for specific modeling proceedures. It's a "speed thing." ;^)

Well I'll still be a MOI user with MOI version 2 whenever it arrives Michael, so I'll just look forward to that sometime down the road then! No rush, I'm a very happy MOI camper already! ;^)

Thanks,

- 3dvisuals dude