Let's Model a Car: A Tutorial

7389.50 In reply to 7389.49 
Hi Michael
This car http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/3d-model-2015-audi-tts/888350 is made of 114,688 Polygons and 126,510 Vertices. With the settings at Moi export settings at max and divide larger than 0.25 I do get a smooth Subd car but the body is now 45,866 polygons and 49,963 vertices, which seems a little excessive by comparison.

Using an evaluation of Keyshot I have found that a lot of the issues that Carrara throws up disappear and those that remain are due to poor modelling. Moi is wonderful and works really well with Keyshot (and many other renderers, I don’t doubt) but it is not very easy for me to use it with DAZ3’s products. I will continue my experiments for no other reason than I’m dogged and it seems to me it should be possible to make something that looks lovely in Moi and have it look equally good in any software that imports obj files.

I think Moi has spoiled me as the creative process in Moi is so much fun that it really frustrates when things that seem should be simple in Carrara turn into a grinding episode of trial and error.

Thanks for your helpful advice as always.