Moi & Microsoft Surface

Hi everyone,

I recently purchased the Microsoft Surface(newest model released May 2015, $499) Its not the pro version and not the RT version. Moi was the first and only app I have yet installed, so my comments are based off of a very fresh machine.

I purchased it thinking it would allow me to act quickly on my "Moments of Inspiration" but I am finding that performance is rather limited. Moi seems to freeze, or not respond, and there is no telling what will trigger these issues. The file sizes have been very small, just a few solids and curves. The most recent crash was that the model space froze, then disappeared, but Moi itself hadn't crashed as I was able to save my work and close Moi. Another time I got a direct x error, but I was too impatient to read it.

When it does work it is great, the screen size is still large enough to work on the split view, and working on a touchscreen with multi-finger zoom, orbit, pan is spectacular.

My takeaway is that I am going to return the surface and get the pro model, unless anyone has tips on making moi work better.