Fuselage help please

Hello.

I am a total noobie with MOI and I really love it. I am trying to model a velocity v-twin plane. i wanted to try to model it in MOI as a first project to get comfortable with it. I'm having problems with the fuselage.

I've watched a number of Andrei's youtube videos...which are helpful, but i am a little confused with what i'm doing wrong. I've spend a lot of time trying to get my curves just right. i've tried network but after watching Andrei's videos i'm pretty sure that loft is the best technique to accomplish what i want and get the best topology in the end. I'm using MOI pretty much with the out of the box setup and i haven't setup any plugins or shortcuts, which Andrei uses.

Question 1:
There are a few things I'm not sure how to 'fix' after a curve has been drawn. For example, say i wanted to adjust the roof of the fuselage cockpit area and give it a slight arc like in the references after i've created the initial curves and still keep the center point/curves tangent to the center line? or adjust curve points and make them tangent after the initial curve has been drawn?

Question 2:
I'm not sure if i'm going about cutting the curves into the fuselage to separate the surface is the 'right' way. after i create curves from the right orthographic view, i project the curves onto the surface that i will intersect with the surface to make a separate surface for the windows. first, i'm not sure if this is the 'right' way to do this, and secondly, the curves are not being projected completely onto the surface...the bottom pieces on the back windows are not projected. i have checked the original curve to make sure all the joints are actually connected. so i'm guessing it may have something to do with the surface edge that is conflicting with the projected curve, since they appear to be either in the same spot or close to it. any advice?

Question 3:
Let's say I figure out how to resolve questions 1 & 2 above, what is the best approach to think about bevels? should i think about them before i project any curves and do a copy/offset on them first, then project? or can i do a bevel later once i get my base created for things to then work on beveling things that need beveling?

I appreciate any help or advice...thank you!! I really love this software, it is very intuitive, i am just wanting to get familiar with it and figure out how to approach things in general so that I can make cooler things :)

~ NOOB

Project curves...this happens (bottom lines are not projected from original curves):

Velocity v-twin plane (see 'image attachments' for some plane references)

Image Attachments:
Size: 114 KB, Downloaded: 19 times, Dimensions: 1280x899px
Size: 327.5 KB, Downloaded: 35 times, Dimensions: 1024x683px
Size: 75.6 KB, Downloaded: 21 times, Dimensions: 1920x1080px