drawing the foot in the pod tutorial

I am trying to draw a part similar to the "pod foot" but it is still not the same so I am having a hard time trying to figure how to proceed.
I am not trying to draw any of the wires sticking out which is a fish hook and a wire form with a "V" hook on the end, or the hook eyelet that is partially showing in the front of the pic. I can draw those and add them later with another program. I just need to draw the teardrop shape solid in the pic.
in the attached file you will see the different pics I "added" to the work space. I put them on different planes thinking that would help but not sure it helped.
I then drew a line around the different shapes to get a profile .
then I put the profiles together to see if I would get an idea what to do, but sadly I haven't had much luck.
I also attached what little progress I have made by using a revolve and then trim the flat side.
I am not happy with my drawing and looking for some advice or a link to a vid that would give me some direction.
On another note, I am interested in upgrading to ver 3 is there anything that would help what I am trying to do?
Thanks,

David
www.hooksolutions.com

Image Attachments:
Size: 47.9 KB, Downloaded: 83 times, Dimensions: 900x627px