Confusing ... Forum & Current Version

Thanks everyone for the kind words!

@Marco:

> it might be sufficient to upgrade the forum software, beehive, to
> a more recent version( 0.8.2. -> 1.4.4.). they did introduce
> responsiveness some versions ago, so no need to change horses.

I occasionally check out new versions and haven't really seen enough stuff to really justify upgrading. It will be a fair amount of work to upgrade because I will have to reapply all the customizations that I've done.

How does the responsiveness come into play, is it only on mobile? I tried to look at their current version and resized the browser window and did not see any layout changes... ?

@Strube:
> That could be done without a lot of work on your side.

I wish that were so! But I expect the full feature set of a plug-in browser to be a very considerable amount of work, probably the back end would run on my own web server since it can be unwise to rely on servers that are out of your own control, and the most time consuming part would be all the new UI design needed for the plugin browser in MoI. So there's a whole lot more involved than just an unzip...

@Andrei:

> I think forum must has categories, like, News, finished Models, Wip,
> Discussions, Scripts, Help, e.t.c In the rest forum is ok.

Maybe... But what do you really think would be gained by having these different categories? One good way to analyze it, is look at the current top 50 topics and see what categories they would go in - is it some kind of even split or is it more like 90% of them would go into the general "discussions" category? If the great majority of messages would already be going into just one category, then there is not a whole lot to be gained by having different categories really. I think maybe in the future when there is more scripting going on a separate "developer" or "scripts" category could probably be good though.

- Michael