64 bit on the horizon?

7284.5 In reply to 7284.4 
Hi Rico - fundamentally the main idea behind MoI is to try and make it quick and easy to create simple models... These things that you are doing, working with gargantuan solidworks models, and mass replication of thread bolts and patterned cooling plates are not really very much in line with that, so I'm not surprised that you're running into problems. For those particular projects MoI is probably just not currently the right tool for those jobs, you need something that supports 64-bit and instancing.

MoI will get those functions eventually but if those are very high priorities for you and you need them right now you should be using something other than MoI, MoI is just not yet a match with what you are specifically trying to use it for.

I am doing some research in these areas currently though, and I hope to make progress. But it is too early to know for sure when they will be done or any kind of timetable though. Sometimes things that requires a lot of work like these functions can be tricky to implement well and can take a lot of work.

- Michael