MoI -> 3D color print?

7276.5 In reply to 7276.1 
Hi Stefan,

> today MoI saved my life with a logo design in multiple colors, due to the fact that
> after boolean operations different colors remained intact on the model, which i find
> pretty awesome.

I'm glad the individual face color preservation through booleans was useful for you!

> Now my question, since i really like to work in Millimeters in MoI, what is the best
> procedure to export from MoI as .obj file and convert that to a .wrl file with the
> proper scale intact from MoI, to be able to do 3D color prints?

It really depends on what the receiving application decides to do with the .obj file data - .obj files themselves do not have any method in them to mark the unit system that the coordinates are in, and it's not too unusual for rendering applications to apply some scale factor to the geometry but there should likely be an option for controlling the scale factor in the receiving application.

But since .obj files do not have any marker on them of the unit system it won't usually be able to be scaled automatically if your current unit system in that other program are something other than millimeters, you would need to apply the right scale factor yourself probably.

Anyway since there is not any standard marker in .obj files for the unit system the way it's handled on input can vary with different applications.

- Michael