MoI suitable for vehicle designs? Closed

Hey guys!

Im a designer and come from a 2d background. A few months back I decided to change career direction, Im currently in progress of creating a new portfolio consisting of 'concept design vehicles'. And I have been looking around to find the right 3d software for me to translate my 2d sketches into 3d models.

So far I have tried several different software's: Zbrush, Modo, Maya, Autodesk Autostudio to name a few of them. There are obviously different advantages of every package, but what I noticed that I missed in polygon-modellers was the precision, so I believe Nurbs is the way to go for me. However I felt that Autodesk Autostudio (even though alot of people recommend it to me) was way too complex and the learning curve felt very steep. When I found MoI I was very happy, it was very intuitive right off the bat for me. I have been enjoying the trial now for about 2-3 weeks and I absolutely feel that this is the software for me.

I have some questions I hope some more experienced users can help me with:
MoI obviously doesnt have all the tools for extremely high-precision surfaces as Autodesk Autostudio might have, but so far I feel like it has enough precision for me. Im looking to create models similar to the pictures attached below.

1. Is MoI capable of creating complex parts and form-transitions as airplanes and cars have? Or to put it differently: Is there anything MoI would struggle with especially?

2. So far the only thing that worries me slightly about using MoI is the layer-system. When having alot of parts things have been getting a little confusing for me. Im aware of the capabilities of the scene browser such as grouping and naming objects and turning off types as well as color-coding groups. Which are all great, and it might be me not used to the interface, but I still feel somewhat 'handicapped'.
I guess my question is: Am I missing something here, perhaps scripts or workflows Im not aware of?

The ability to "stack groups deeper down in folders and layers" so to speak would be amazing (english is not my first language hope you understand what Im trying to say).

Cheers
Nick

EDITED: 10 Apr 2015 by MICHAEL GIBSON