NACA Airfoil script

7265.23 In reply to 7265.22 
Hi Hans,

It's a pleasure - and great to know the script might also be used by someone else. :)

I'd be very interested in taking a look at what you're trying to do to combine output from MoI with the open source z88 FEA software. z88 looks really interesting! I know only a little about FEA, but always wanted to learn more. I am just starting to build an aircraft from plans - a Corby CJ-1 'Starlet'. It uses the 43012A airfoil, hence my determination to do a nice job scripting it.

I'd describe myself only as a novice programmer, with interest + determination + internet connection for self-improvement. As such, if your requirements are beyond my current abilities, I'm sure there's enough scripting experience among the forum members to achieve what you need. I think what you're trying to achieve is potentially very interesting to lots more people, so hopefully there will be no shortage of interest in helping.

I would suggest though, that you start another discussion specific to the new script you want to see created - just to keep things relevant and possibly easier for other people to find.

Here's a photo of the award-winning Starlet my friend built (and my lovely wife):

- Hamish