Trying to master the Freeform Curve

7247.20 In reply to 7247.19 
Hi Strube,

> But what I was suggesting, and I still think that is very intuitive for users, is, adding a
> point on the hull and the curve just remains as fixed as possible. Especially because,
> even though it is a bit emberassing I haven't read the manual properly, using mode 2
> right now you cannot decide where on the hull you get a point.

The problem is I don't know of any way to make something like what you're describing work... - it's kind of a fundamental side effect that you can either keep the control points in their current location and have the curve shape change, or have the curve stay the same shape and have the control points shift around with some refinement in the general area you want to add detail (the second mode)...

I don't know how it would be possible to make things work to put in a control point in a specific location but then change the other points around to keep the curve the same shape, there just isn't any established mechanism that I know of that can be done to a NURBS curve to get that particular behavior...

The second mode that I describe above is often called a called "knot insertion" operation for NURBS curves - it's a way to refine the curve but keep the curve in its exact same current shape.

- Michael