Help doing an extrude cut

Hi all,

I've had MOI for awhile now but really rarely used it. Well, I've finally lost patience with Geomagic and its constant crashes and inability to import other common file types consistently nor well, so I've been really using and learning MOI more lately. I have to say, it handles lofts and organic shapes sooooo much better than Geomagic. Not trying to bash my former favorite program, but there it is. Plus, MOI doesn't crash! MOI has helped me with the following funnel for a Sims class destroyer, part of a conversion kit for a 1/350th scale model that I'm doing. The gussets and lofts at the base of the funnel, as well as the funnel cap, were unworkable with Geomagic, so thank you for this great program.

Now, the big problem that I'm having right now concerns the funnel cap, specifically how to cut out parts of the funnel cap assembly that the model doesn't need. I've gotten the inside or surfaces of the funnel, essentially two vertical walls done. However, I need to have those walls conform to the upper profile of the funnel. Any ideas on how to accomplish this? I've tried sweeping arcs to the top funnel cap sides but so far, no go.

I also need to eliminate the little extrusions on the sides of the funnel cap where the after wall poked through the side of the cap. Funny thing, I was able to do so on the firward extrusions, but can't for the life of me remember how I did it! Ah, the joys of learning new "switchology."

Thank you for any help or suggestions.

Bob
Attachments:

Image Attachments:
Size: 6.2 MB, Downloaded: 49 times, Dimensions: 3767x3052px