New MoI Interface Builder App (Mac and PC)

7237.7 In reply to 7237.6 
Hi Carlos,

I already have a tool I built which can colorize icons. I'll share it when I get back to my computer.

I could see where I could build an automated multi-color icon creation tool. The idea is someone would create 2 different 64x64px PNGs to represent a single icon. Each PNG would be a solid color with a transparency and when overlaid on top of each other, they represent a finished icon. Then the user could apply their own custom colors to each PNG "layer." This could be adapted to 3-layer icons as well. The user could apply the color scheme to a single icon, or to the whole group of application icons at once.

The challenge is in generating the original icon artwork. It might be interesting to ask that user you refer to if he would share his icon set. It would make this process much faster.

The answer to your question is-- it depends on several factors.

1. Whether or not people like and use this tool.
2. How Michael feels about third party customization tools. I know he's said he'd like to create the same functionality from within MoI. I certainly do not want to step on any toes.
3. How many icons I'd have to personally design. Takes time!
4. If this functionality has a reasonable shelf life.

I'm currently spending the next month coding an iPhone/Android app and will be pretty busy. Still, I love MoI and enjoy working on projects like this!