My thoughts about the development in the close future

7212.2 In reply to 7212.1 
Hi Max, there has been no progress on any of those particular things as of yet I'm afraid to say!

I've had some difficulty getting started on v4 but I will probably get going soon and the initial focus is likely to be a large reorganization and refactoring to try and get a better multiplatform and 64-bit base environment set up first before trying to go further with new feature areas.

In some ways I would rather just keep working on new features only like you are asking about, but unfortunately the tendency is that new feature work tends to just make things more complex and makes it all the more difficult to do large scale reorganization later on.

I'm not sure yet how long it will take to do the large reorganization or even if it will be successful as of yet, but if it's ever going to happen probably now is the best time for me to focus on it so that's probably what will happen next, at least an attempt towards some larger internal architectural reworking rather than feature development is probably what's next.

Then with a better base environment set up some new feature work would then come along, and most likely the first 3 of the 4 things you mention would be high priorities for that. The real-time sectioning could easily slip to a future release, I know it's important to you but my general feel is that the other 3 things are very frequently asked for while real-time sectioning is some order of magnitude less frequently asked. It's still early as of yet and nothing at all is set in stone though.

- Michael