(Blender Style) 3D View From Any Orthographic View

7192.3 In reply to 7192.1 
Hi Greg,

> There have been many times when working in an orthographic view that I would simply
> like to roll the view into 3D to get a better perspective of what I am working on (using
> the orthographic view as a starting point).

I think it should be possible to set up some scripts that do this, I'll give it a try and post a bit later on about that part.

> As a counterpart to this suggested function - it would be very convenient to simply hit 1, 2, 3, etc.
> (as it is in Blender) to obtain a precise orthographic view from the 3D view. Mainly, I would just need the
> Top, Front and Left views (as their opposite views can be obtained by clicking the right mouse button
> on view button in question).

I'm sorry I don't quite understand this part - if your 3D view is at some odd angle how do you want the orthographic view to be formed from that? I think I need some additional explanation for what you're looking for on this one.

> but no instant view (by number) that I can find.

I'm not sure if this is what you are asking for with this part, but check out here for some scripts which you can set on a shortcut key for going into a particular view mode on a single keystroke:
http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=3808.2

You should be able to set those on number keys if you want as well.

- Michael